What do you think of this coat?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
They just discussed this on another board...I think the answer was no...?
Maybe 'relative' thickness is important, though...I know a taller kid can wear a little more bulky stuff because it doesn't bunch up like on a smaller kid...so it might really not be too thick in a Regent, but would crunch up and be way too thick in a Roundabout. If you can't take a coat off, you should at least unzip it and put the harness right next to the clothing layer...

amy919

They just discussed this on another board...I think the answer was no...?
Maybe 'relative' thickness is important, though...I know a taller kid can wear a little more bulky stuff because it doesn't bunch up like on a smaller kid...so it might really not be too thick in a Regent, but would crunch up and be way too thick in a Roundabout. If you can't take a coat off, you should at least unzip it and put the harness right next to the clothing layer...

Ugh - find me something for Teagan! I'm going crazy here!

Holly

Have you seen the 4 in 1 coats from Walmart or Target?
It's 2 separate coats that you can zip together to make 1 big coat, or you can wear each piece separately.
The inner coat on both of them is okay for car seats, it is fleece on the inside and waterproof nylon on the outside, but it's really thin, about the thickness of a regular fleece jacket.
I have the Wal Mart ones for my kids, they make baby sizes, toddler, child, and adult in these coats (except the adult ones are not the same).
They are warm enough for winter, we had one last year too (the one my youngest is wearing this year).
They are pretty cheap too :thumbsup:

Here are links, in these pictures it has the outer coat too, so the inner one isnt really that big.

http://www.target.com/Toddler-Girls...ie=UTF8&node=15392151&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5692845

canadianmom2three

Check out this one http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/...Bib-Overalls-Waterproof-For-Infant-Girls.html
My sister had the boy version last year for her little guy who was 1yo. They live REALLY north, it was a very warm suit BUT at the same time, she is even more obsessed than I am about car seat safety and this suit, is VERY thin, like thinner than a fleece coat even. Without the pants it was a great carseat coat, as well as very warm. With the pants he wore the suit out to play in the snow.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Would something like this be warm enough, with like a turtleneck underneath it, and scarf, gloves, and hat?

For us, that wouldn't be warm enough for outdoors, but it would be fine for in the car. My favorite system for kids is to put on a fleece jacket under their coat. In the car, the coat comes off (and can be used like a blanket until the car warms up). I also always unzip the coat/jacket, buckle them in & tighten the straps, then pull the coat/jacket closed over the top of the straps. I've found that even the LE Squall Jackets are too thick to buckle over the top of them.

Anyway, back to the fleece pullover you mentioned... I think it would be great for layering. In the car, off comes the coat. The pullover should be thin enough to not cause a problem with the harness tightness and warm enough for a windchill-less vehicle, especially if you put the coat on backwards after the child is buckled in tightly. When the vehicle warms up, the child can remove the coat.

amy919

I gave up and got the Target ones at lunch today. Actually, I think either the inner coat or outer coat without the hood would work. We'll try them out tonight. Of course, Kaylie will hate that she got pink and Tea got purple, but that's all they had in their sizes. If she throws too much of a fit, there are two other Targets we can try to exchange them for color.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hope they like them. I flat gave up on my eldest this year, found a $15 coat at Walmart that's fleece and nylon and a size too big...he likes it, I hope it holds up.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC