Goodwill now has an online auction site - Found carseats there

MomToEliEm

I just noticed that Goodwill Industries now has an online auction site (http://www.shopgoodwill.com/). I just tried out a search for carseats and see they had one.

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=3157183

The site is still fairly new so maybe in time, more carseats will show up there.

Do you think they should have limits on what carseats they can place online or sell in their stores? I know e-bay doesn't care about expired or broken carseats, but I would think Goodwill would be more concerned since they are the actual sellers and could be liable for selling any damaged, expired or dangerous carseat.

Does goodwill sell carseats in their stores? I haven't been there in a while to know what their store policies are. If they don't sell them in the store, they shouldn't be selling them on their online auction site.

ADS

MomToEliEm

I e-mailed the goodwill store that was hosting that auction and received a response immedately stating she would check into it that she didn't realize there was safety issues with used carseats. When I looked at the auction again, it shows it as been closed (wasn't suppose to close until 11/19 so it was closed early). Hopefully we won't see any more carseats on that site.

djma

Goodwill does not take carseats...I don't think they take cribs in their stores either.

Susan

Our Goodwill does. I have seen so many carseats at our Goodwill. They do take cribs too. I wonder if it's up to each manager/owner?

NOAHSMOM

I believe that Goodwill takes the best stuff it recieves (brand new things and collectibles) and puts it on the website, or at least it did when I worked for them (helped people w/barriers obtain employment). So if they do put carseats on there, they would be like new if not new, not old and expired seats.

keri1292

I believe that Goodwill takes the best stuff it recieves (brand new things and collectibles) and puts it on the website, or at least it did when I worked for them (helped people w/barriers obtain employment). So if they do put carseats on there, they would be like new if not new, not old and expired seats.

Yes, but you still don't know the history. A seat one day old may have been involved in an accident that ONE day. They shouldn't sell them.

skaterbabs

yep. Add to that the fact that the average person won't even know what to look for anyway- and that certainly applies to the disadvantaged people working for Goodwill.

littleangelfire

I bought my son's crib from our Goodwill - and I occasionally see car seat there, though not very often. Our Salvation Army won't sell them.

jaded

Most thrift stores here won't sell carseats anymore, with one exception. The store here that gets Target salvage(no Goodwill) does put out seats that come from Target. But those are NIB seats.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
When we've made donations to our goodwill, we get a card from them saying what they won't accept.

Susan

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC