At what height/weight/age would a kid not be dwarfed in a Regent?

Niea

This is a follow up to my post the other day, about infant seats for the new babe.

I realize this is down the road a bit, but I'm a planner by nature (darn that left-brain thing!) so I want to have an idea. If I pass DD's convertibles down to the new baby when he outgrows the infant seat, will she be okay in a Regent? She'll be 3 and 33lbs, maybe? (she's 30lbs now at 2.5) She's been holding steady at 60th percentile for height, too.

Ideally I'd have liked to kept her RFing. But as it stands, she's FF in 2 of the 3 cars she rides in (logistical reasons make RFing difficult in these two cars). So while I'd prefer RFing, I'm okay with her FF too.

This is probably a really dumb question. . but I've never gotten to play with a Regent up close.

ADS

MomToEliEm

I moved DD#2 to a regent when she was 3 years and 2 months old. I am not sure how tall she is but she is 80% for height and weighed 33 pounds at the time. She was about to outgrow the roundabout harness at that time and fit well in the second to bottom slot on the regent. She fits great in that seat.

Yoshi

Here is a picture of my DD in her Regent at 3 yrs, 34 lbs (37"???)14" torso. As you can see, she fit great.
100_2015.jpg

scatterbunny

Hayley was 2 years, 8 months, 38 inches and 35ish pounds when we moved her to the Husky (same as Regent). She had officially outgrown a Cosco Alpha Omega a couple of months prior, at the same height, 38 inches, and about 33 pounds. She was very long-torsoed back then.

These pics were taken at 2y8mo, 38 inches and 35 pounds, then 2y9mo, 38 inches and 36 pounds, 3y4mo, 41 inches and 39 pounds, then 3y9mo, 42 inches and 41 pounds.

1.jpg
3.jpg
6.jpg
10.jpg

Niea

Awesome! Thanks for the pics! A picture is worth a thousand words.

I think she'll fit just fine. So to get the biggest bang for my buck, I think I'll get Regents (or whatever else might be on the market next year) for her instead of more convertables for the new kiddo ;)

clothdiapermom

Senior Community Member
Awesome! Thanks for the pics! A picture is worth a thousand words.

I think she'll fit just fine. So to get the biggest bang for my buck, I think I'll get Regents (or whatever else might be on the market next year) for her instead of more convertables for the new kiddo ;)

This is what I did. I left DD#1 in her Convertibles until DD#2 was ready for them and we got Regents for DD#1 I glad we made that decision. It has worked out really well and with all the attention the new baby gets DD#1 was excited to have her new girly seat that everyone notices!

elle7715

DD was about 2 3/4 years old, 25 lbs, and 36 inches when we got a Regent for my mom's car. She fits great, probably because she's so tall for her weight. I thought the Regent would look huge but when it arrived I realized it wasn't *that* big.
She's rearfacing in a Radian in our car, with about 3.5 inches of shell above her head.

Momto1bigkiddo

Here is my son when we first moved him to the Regent at 25 months old, 38.5'' tall and 36 lbs. He fit great, had just moved out of a 2004 Evenflo Triumph V.

15fb4364.jpg

c357edcb.jpg

monzogary

Senior Community Member
Here is Heather in the Husky when she was 3 yo, 35" and about 29#. She was at or slightly below the bottom harness slots.

36169895805_0_ALB.jpg

87719895805_0_ALB.jpg

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
We bought the Husky when Leila was 2 years old -- it was her older half sister's seat, but Leila did need to ride in it on occasion.... She was tall & very thin: the harness always fit her well & we just used a crib pillow or fleece throw blanket for head support :) I don't have pix of Leila that young in the Husky, but here's a comparison of her in the Apex + Husky, both at 4 years old, as well as Leila's older half sister @ 7 yrs old (2 years before she outgrew the seat: sorry I haven't scanned the pic from her final ride @ 9 yrs, somewhere between 75-80# almost 5' tall: leggy) because while the Apex & Husky take up the same width on the vehicle seat, the double shelled hollow frame design of the Husky/Regent fits smaller kids better IME yet continues to fit bigger, older kids well, too! :thumbsup:

DorelJuvenileApex_4yrs43in35lb_Cent.jpg
4yr45-35HuskyFreestar.jpg
Janaishia.jpg

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I think she would fit fine. At 26 months, DD1 was on the second-from-bottom slots at 35" and 27lbs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC