Does the Radian require???

steph

I know that for rf tethering a Britax you have to tether it to a seat in the front but what about for a Radian? I have a friend who tethered it under the seat it is on and I don't want to correct her if it is right.

TIA

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Darn, can't find my manual... CAN find my Britax manuals, which don't prohibit tethering to the same seat, however ;)

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
My hard copy Radian80 manual is away with DH's car. Like the Britax manual, a quick skim of the online .pdf Radian 65 manual and the Radian80 manual doesn't indicate a prohibition against tethering RF to the same vehicle seat upon which the Radian is installed. On page 29 of both manuals, there's a diagram showing RF tethering to a point forward of the Radian. That's the only real hint about a forward tethering point that I can see. The written instructions on page 29 basically say to use the D-ring strap to top tether RF to a vehicle seat leg or seatbelt anchorage connected directly to the vehicle frame. The instructions don't specify whether it can be the same vehicle seat, or if it has to be a forward point.

Ideally the instructions would spell it out more clearly, but if RF tethering to the same vehicle seat wasn't acceptable, I would think the manual would be more specific and say so. My best hunch would be to top tether to a forward point if one is available, and to make the parental decision to RF tether to the same seat if there isn't a forward point. It could be worth an e-mail or phone call to Sunshine Kids/Russ if anyone wants to give it a shot but they've been known to give contradictory answers to other questions. :whistle:

steph

Thanks-

I'll tell her to try to tether to the seat in front.

Jools- I thought Britax wanted you to tether to the seat in front:confused:

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
From the training session that Britax did, you *must* tether to a position in front of the vehicle seat... why they can't get their act together and put that in their manual, I don't know. :rolleyes:

The photos in the Radian manual leads me to believe that their seat must also be tethered forward... I have not confirmed this thought with SKJP though.

crunchierthanthou

I asked this a few months ago. I don't think we have a definite answer. Unfortunately, we could both call Russ today and probably get different answers. :(

I usually advise Britax requirements for all rf tethers since they're the only manufacturer actually saying anything on the matter and their stance is conservative and likely research based. :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC