"Nano Bag"???

hkmomof5

I know this type of infant car seat "bag" must have been discussed before, but I cannot find any results when I search. I used this type of "infant bag" for my last two, before I found this site and a whole new understanding of car seat safety. Can anybody point me in the right direction. Do I buy a LLBean fleece for the baby or can I use this. It does have openings in the back and the harness does go through, but I am so unsure of myself using it for this one. I even seached the net and couldn't find any info what so ever. This makes me worry that they had issues and are no longer useful. I don't want to use something that unsafe. Thanks for any info on this subject. You all have been such a huge help in my safety education.

Holli

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Those are evil. They add padding between the seat and the child. You want as little between the seat and the child and the child and the harness as possible.

There are covers that are safe to use. Some like this one. http://denver.craigslist.org/bab/477896384.html The shower cap style. You put your baby in properly, then just put this over the entire seat like a shower cap. Baby's face goes in the hole and you're off! Nothing unsafe between baby and the harness. If it's REALLY cold you can put baby in a fleece snowsuit, then put a blanket over baby after you've done up the harness, and then put this on over the baby.

HTH

Wendy

hkmomof5

That's what I thought. I'll opt for the fleece suit and blanket. I appreciate the reply. I wanted to make sure. It didn't fit in my ss1 the right way anyhow and I was concerned that it was screwing up the harness. I just needed an expert opinion to give to the hubby. Spending more on the fifth one than the first.:D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC