Solution To My Crappy Carseat Situation

MsFacetious

Pun intended. :)

So... I washed both covers and they survived alright. One has a little bit of damage about where the kid sits on the inside of it. But nothing major just the first layer is eaten away a bit.

So, I put Sadi's back together but I still had to wait for Ali's harness to get here before I put hers back together. So.... I pondered what to do. :eek:

I have a Scenera up at the Grandparents that they are close to outgrowing but haven't quite outgrown. Ali's lost a pound so she is 38 and Sadi is 35.

I have the Two Way Plus. All the other extra seats I had they outgrew or expired.

I couldn't go up and get the Scenera because I didn't have seats for both kids. lol So, the Two Way it had to be. Only problem... doesn't work in the 4runner. (Not two places to tether it to.)

So I talked my Dad into trading me vehicles until the harness gets here. :love: So one can go in the Two Way and one can go in the clean Regent. They can pick and choose each day because they are at the same harness height on both. Whew.... I was getting worried there for a minute.

So I will drive the Dodge truck until the harness gets here. Then, I will probably be going back to my van by then.

I love installing these seats in my Dad's truck.... it's just too easy to get them in really really well. Neither one moves at all. Not today though, I'm barely staying conscious. lol

The crappy situation has improved as well! Gotta love Culterelle, Acidophilus, Yogurt and Bananas! I may have to run up to a quick dr's appointment tomorrow but other than that I don't need to go anywhere. So, hopefully this will resolve completely before I do. I hate taking apart carseats! :whistle:

ADS

MsFacetious

Over the counter probiotic. :) Lactobacillus I believe. Acidophilus on steroids kinda. lol It really helps get their GI tract back on track when something like this happens. Also reduces the cramping that comes with serious diarreah like they have had.

Suzibeck

Good for you for keeping a good attitude Chelsae!

Are you using the Two-Way rfing? I would love to see that seat sometime in person. I have no plans to head to your part of the country however. Maybe someday, we will travel to Sweden to visit dh's relatives. I can dream.

MsFacetious

Yep Suz, can't stand it forward facing. Plus, may as well get the full benefit when I'm able to use it. :) Plus the girls love to RF and fight over who gets to use it. lol

Auntie2Avi

Could you share some two-way pics, or do you have some on your website? I am guessing this seat is not from the US, where is it from?

Thanks!

MsFacetious

If you do a search for Two Way on the forum it will bring up some pictures. :) I have shared some in the past on other threads. Other people have also shared them as well.

Yes, it is a Swedish seat. RF to 55lbs.

We got it when my older daughter was getting too close to 33lbs for my comfort, well before she was 2 years old. Kids with Down syndrome commonly have an instability in the neck that requires surgery. She had to remain RF until we could check for that at 3 years. Just a fender bender could paralyze a child with the instability before surgery.

It has been a lifesaver when the girls regress from seizures and need to be RF again.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC