Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Moderator - CPST Instructor snowbird25ca's Avatar

2005 Ford Freestar - front passenger TA?

I did an install for a family with a rf'ing radian and their manual showed a tether point that should've been located on the back of the front passenger seat. Their seatback didn't look exactly like the manual showed though, and I couldn't see a TA. I'm wondering if it's something that's in some models and not in others?

There was a good but somewhat tricky spot for the D-ring anyways, but it would've been nice to see that anchor there.

Anyone have experience with the location of that TA? The vehicle manual was so specific about where it was, but the seat didn't have the part shown in the diagram.
    Trudy - Canadian CPSAC certified CRST Instructor-Trainer and mommy to:
    Janeen - 17 yrs and learning to drive!
    Jillian - 11 yrs, 80'ish lbs, 5-stepping in each car. :O
    Jonas - 8yrs, 65lbs, Riding in an Oobr in each car.
    Both safely riding in either a 2007 Outlook or a 2015 Subaru Legacy depending on the day.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

Re: 2005 Ford Freestar - front passenger TA?

Was it a power front passenger seat or a manual one? It's supposed to have the anchor on the lower back of the front passenger seat frame if it's a manually adjustable seat according to the LATCH manual, but it won't have an anchor if it's a power adjustable seat.

Sorry I don't know of a photo or a better description of what to look for, all I can do is parrot the LATCH manual. Maybe someone else with the same van has a picture. It's supposed to be the same in the '04-07 models.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

Carseat Crazy

My sil has an '05 Freestar and hers does have a tether anchor on the front passenger seat. I don't have a picture but right under the seatback there is a metal bar. The anchor is an oval shaped hole in the middle.
    Cindy
    Mom to DS 3/10/04 Vivo and DD 3/27/10 in a Marathon

Senior Community Member scatterbunny's Avatar

I don't have a pic, but it sounds the same as the Windstar van, there's a metal bar under the bottom of the seatback and there's a hole right in the middle of that bar. The hole is the anchor point. And yeah, the power seats won't have the anchor.
    ~Jenny

"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche

Moderator - CPST Instructor snowbird25ca's Avatar

Thanks, it was a power seat, so that explains it.
    Trudy - Canadian CPSAC certified CRST Instructor-Trainer and mommy to:
    Janeen - 17 yrs and learning to drive!
    Jillian - 11 yrs, 80'ish lbs, 5-stepping in each car. :O
    Jonas - 8yrs, 65lbs, Riding in an Oobr in each car.
    Both safely riding in either a 2007 Outlook or a 2015 Subaru Legacy depending on the day.