Anyone have a Ride Safer Travel Vest to sell?...

trishlynne

Of course, I've called all the Right Starts, and they are sold out. From the looks of e-bay, people are buying them cheap at Right Start, just to resell them for a huge profit on e-bay.

(yes, I'm cranky) God forbid these products go to low-income folks who have lap belts. :rolleyes:

Anyway....I know they were selling at Right Start for $12. I could spend $30.

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Someone posted yesterday(?) on the CPSP list with some available for less than $30. I'm not sure if they were only for CPS programs or parents as well.

CPSPList

U

Unregistered

I saw that, it was just a sort of posting for the store. I called, within minutes of seeing the post. They were sold out. Which is TOTALLY cool, if they are going to people who need them, yk? It just sorta stinks to see people swooping in and buying them all just to resell on ebay.

trishlynne

I got one, my mom loaned me the money. I got it for $50 including shipping from a Right Start store in Troy MI. It's....ok. Which is disappointing.

trishlynne

Yeah. IMO, it's NOT easy to use, at least not easy to use properly. I have a 35lb 2.5yo, and a 50lb 5.5yo. So, technically, they should both fit into it.

My 5yo wore it today in the car. It's pretty easy to get on, but the buckles on the front seem to slip, and get loose by themselves. I also almost forgot the crotch strap. The shoulder strap holder is narrower than my car's seat belt, so much so that it was barely held in, and I could EASILY see if she moved around much, it'd pop out. Then there was the careful balance of tightening the tether, and then having the lap belt go up too high and onto her belly. I went back and forth there several times.

This is NOT a seat I could trust my DH to use, or the grandparents. I'll keep it, it'll be nice for extra unexpected kids and travel, but the money would have been MUCH better spent had I put it aside for another MA.

My 2.5yo has worn it in the house (and a LOT, he LOVES it!), but it really seems much too big for him.

As far as travel vests go, it's clearly better than two others my kids have tried, but.....it doesn't meet my needs.

scatterbunny

Thanks, I'll cross it off my list then, and stick with the original plan of another Wizard or Husky, if the Wiz doesn't allow enough growing room.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC