Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Chicco kidfit or Graco Turbobooster LX

Which seat would you go with? Both are around the same price. Any others to consider around $100?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Chicco kidfit or Graco Turbobooster LX

It really depends on the size of the child and how it fits in the vehicle, as well as the child's comfort. Colors are important to some kids when they get to booster age too. Graco tends to fit smaller kids well, so if your school-age kid is small like mine, that could be a good option.

You could also look at the Britax Skyline. It will probably last longest as a high-back, but doesn't become a backless.
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, FF in a Pioneer and a SureRide
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted soft carrier

4. Thank You from:

Moderator - CPS Technician

I usually let my kids pick their own boosters since they are old enough to have (sometimes strong) opinions! Of course with any booster you'll want to check the fit with your own kid in your own car, but most boosters on the market these days have pretty good track records of fitting most kids in most cars. I agree that I'd add the Britax boosters to your list of options.
    Cutie #1 (13 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (10 years) riding in a Safety 1st Incognito

Cutie #3 (7 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (6 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (3 years) riding in a Nuna Rava

Senior Community Member rachelandtyke's Avatar

We have both of those (one in each vehicle) and they have fit my kids well for when they are just starting in a highback until they were ready to move to a backless (I had another child to pass them down to, so we kept using them as highbacks). I'd see which the child prefers and which fits best in the vehicles.
    DD1: 14, finally five-stepping!
    DS: 10, LBTB, Harmony Youth Booster
    DD2: 6, Chicco KidFit, HBTB w/ SS