Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Two seats in 2015 MB GLK

We currently have our 3yr old (almost 30lbs, almost 3ft) rear facing behind the passenger seat in a Diono radian rxt. We are due with #2 in a couple of wks and the baby will be in the Graco clickconnect 35 that we used when my son was an infant. Iím wondering if I will need forward face my toddler in order to rear face my infant in the middle. Also wondering which connecting (latch vs seatbelt) is best for both as I can only latch one of them if the middle seat is being used. Or would it be best to outboard them both? Any guidance is appreciated! My husbands vehicle is a 2017 Volvo XC 90, same questions would apply.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor murphydog77's Avatar

Re: Two seats in 2015 MB GLK

Hi. It's been a while since I've installed carseats in both of those vehicles, so the best advice I can offer is to try it out. Be sure to place the carrier in the base when you're done installing the base to make sure there's no interference from the handle with the Radian since the handle will be the widest part of the carrier.

As for whether or not to use LATCH or the seat belt, the Mercedes only has LATCH anchors in the outboard (outside) positions, so as long as the inside anchor doesn't interfere with the center seat belt, you can use LATCH for installing the Radian, which is probably easier. Same with the Volvo—you can use LATCH for the Radian, but use the seat belt for the infant seat in the center seating position.

Unregistered

Thanks! The 2015 GLK actually has latch for the middle, you just canít do both side and middle latch bc they share the connections, so itís one or the other (middle seat or outboard).

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    We currently have our 3yr old (almost 30lbs, almost 3ft) rear facing behind the passenger seat in a Diono radian rxt. We are due with #2 in a couple of wks and the baby will be in the Graco clickconnect 35 that we used when my son was an infant. Iím wondering if I will need forward face my toddler in order to rear face my infant in the middle. Also wondering which connecting (latch vs seatbelt) is best for both as I can only latch one of them if the middle seat is being used. Or would it be best to outboard them both? Any guidance is appreciated! My husbands vehicle is a 2017 Volvo XC 90, same questions would apply.
    Read the operating instructions for the vehicle. It is necessary to consider the work of airbags