Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Graco Trio Grow vs E2F

It's been awhile, since I have posted. DD1 is now 7, and DD2 just turned 1. DD2 is a big girl and while she's good in height and weight, we are starting to get close to running out of harness on her keyfit. Many of DD1's convertible expired. We have 1 left. A pria 85 which lives in our Pilot. I need something for my outback. DD2 rides in a booster and we often have booster riding friends in the back with her. We have an E2f, which I love but it lives in NY at my parents house and we use it when we visit. We also have a Graco Tranzitions and a Britax Pioneer neither of which will be expired before DD2 turns 4. So I genuinely only need a convertible. We also have 2 dedicated highback boosters, that DD1 rides and and she will be 11 when DD 1 turns 5, so again, don't *need* an all in one seat. The appeal of the Trio grow is that it seems slightly more compact front to back and slightly more narrow. Space is a bit of an issue when I have 3 in the back. I also like the ease of installation with the Snuglock feature, but I don't know how much I'd even use that. Currently, I prefer latch installation because I don't want the middle booster rider to accidentally unbuckle the convertible without realizing it. Our BBB doesn't keep much in stock so I don't think trying the seats is an option. Should I just go with the E2f, because the Trio grow is more seat than we need or would it be worth the splurge for the extra space it appears to give?

Sorry if this is longer than it needs to be. I have a tendency to talk in circles.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Graco Trio Grow vs E2F

My brother and SIL have really enjoyed their Graco Milestone, and they have the Slimfit too that could fit your needs and cost a bit less. The Sequence/Sequel have the same shell as the E2F but without the leg extension, so are a bit cheaper.
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, FF in a Pioneer and a SureRide
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted soft carrier

4. Thank You from: