Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

2004 Ford Explorer Limited

I am looking for information on the best convertible car seat to fit in a 2004 Ford Explorer Limited. The seven seat version where the second row is captain seats. We currently use an Evenflo Litemax bucket seat but looking to switch her in the nearish future to a RF convertible seat.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: 2004 Ford Explorer Limited

You likely have lots of options! How much are you looking to spend? Do you have an unusually tall or heavy child, or do you want to rear-face past 2-4 years? Are there any features you especially want? These answers will help us help you narrow the field!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, FF in a Pioneer and a SureRide
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted soft carrier

Hey, I have a small daughter who is 6 months old and about 14.5lbs and roughly 24 inches long. She is quite petite and I would like to rear face for as long as possible. I’m not sure what options I would like, but in the future we will be upgrading to a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (the 4 door) so whatever we buy would also have to be compatible with that.
    One option I would like would be for the front passenger seat to not have to be near in the glove box for the seat to fit. As it currently sits the front passenger seat is already fairly far forward. Other than that I’m not sure

Carseat Crazy

I hear the 4 door Wrangler is pretty cramped front-to-back for car seats. If she is your only child, I would recommend finding a seat you can install in the center. And maybe choosing another vehicle if you plan on more kids!

What is your budget? I found the Evenflo SureRide is pretty good at fitting between the front seats when RF and is around $100.
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, FF in a Pioneer and a SureRide
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted soft carrier