3 across 3rd row 2015 Odyssey

KimmyT

I was in a car accident yesterday, and need to replace 5 car seats. I would ideally like to fit my three oldest kids in the 3rd row, either two boosters and a harness, or three boosters. The oldest will probably grow out of a booster soon, so if anyone knows the best seating position in the 3rd row to 5-step, that would be great. Thanks in advance!

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

I forgot to ask you about budget. What are you looking to spend overall or per seat?

For the oldest, they are over the height limit of most boosters, but the Safety 1st Incognito (if you can find one) goes to 60” and the Diono backless goes to 63”.

For the 8yo, you have time before they outgrow the common 57” height limit most backless and high back boosters. You’d have pretty unlimited options there unless a HBB has too low of a belt guide, so you should be able to find something that fits.

The youngest being in a harness or a booster is a call you’ll have to make based on their maturity level. A harnessed seat can be easier in a 3-across because it leaves more space for the booster riders to buckle. Some narrow combination seats include the Graco Tranzitions, the Chicco MyFit, and maybe the Evenflo Maestro.

In general, try before you buy if you can, and if not, order from a trusted source with free returns!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KimmyT

Thanks for your help. No budget, really. Our insurance company has refunded us over $1600 for the 5 car seats, and I wouldn't mind putting in some of our funds, if needed, to get something high quality and easy to use. The 10yo was riding in a Peg Perego Viaggio Shuttle Plus 120 in the 2nd row center seat, and liked it. Would that model still be a good fit for the 3rd row, if she can't 5-step yet? As for the 5yo, I need to think more about harness vs. booster. I'm leaning towards harness. Would it be better to have the harnessed seat in a certain position? What about the oldest - do kids tend to 5-step easier in a side seat vs the center?

MelodyoftheForest

I don’t have personal experience with that Peg booster to know how narrow it is, but I think it’s been discontinued. Some third rows have lower head restraints at least in the center, so just be aware of head support when deciding on backless booster positions. As for position for the harnessed seat, it’s hard to know without trying it. Sometimes it needs to go on the 40 portion of a 60/40 folding bench, but sometimes not. Wish I could be more helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC