Nautilus 65LX Install Help

Vinjari1990

I need some help. My 5 year old son is 44.6lb so I need to switch his carseat in my husband's car to seatbelt install (vs latch). Problem is I just cannot get a tight install. Vehicle is a 2011 Pathfinder. I had this same problem in last vehicle (Ford escape but thankfully he was lighter so we just stuck with latch). I'm usually really good at getting really tight installs. I followed all the instructions and all my tricks I've learned over the years. Install is 2nd row behind drivers seat. I did lock seat belt. Did the whole knee in seat while rocking side to side and tightening belt etc. I am really not a fan of this seat at all but he isn't ready for a booster seat yet so I'd like to keep him harnessed another year.

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

I always tighten the seat then lock the belt. It gives me more room to manipulate the seat belt to get the best leverage. Often the best leverage is obtained by peeling back the seat cover and pulling right in the belt path. If a seat is really stubborn, I tighten what I can then lock the belt and let it mostly retract. Then I grab the shoulder belt in the belt path and pull straight out from the back of the seat. The locked belt can help with leverage for that last bit. I also may combine this trick with pushing down on each arm of the seat, one side at a time, back and forth between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Are the buckle stalks hitting the belt path in these vehicles by chance? If so, twisting them down can really help. I pull from inside the belt path near the buckle before locking the belt and it's an easy install in most cars.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC