Anybody have experience finding a safe and high-quality convertible car seat for Mazda 3 hatchback?

tglicker

Hey All!

Random question from a 2018 Mazda 3 Hatchback owner regarding car seats, hoping someone in here can help share their experience. I currently have a Chicco Keyfit 30 installed in the middle-rear seat for my little one and I am able to sit comfortably in the driver seat (I am 5'11'') and can have riders of similar height and slightly taller in the passenger seat just fine. However, now my little one is outgrowing the infant seat and I need to upgrade to one of the convertible seats. After doing quite a bit of research it seems like these seats for the most part are larger and I am trying to find a safe and high-quality seat for my little one that will fit properly within the back of the 3, preferably in the middle-rear position. Anybody out there have experience with a convertible seat in the back of their Mazda 3 hatchback that fits properly?

Thanks!

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

The good news is that, even though convertible seats are bigger in some ways than infant seats, they don't always take up more front-to-back space. A big part of this is that convertibles can sit more upright for most kids who are outgrowing an infant seat. I had the KeyFit in a compact vehicle, and multiple convertibles I used took up less front-to-back space. These are not the only ones that would likely work for you, but the Chicco NextFit and the Graco 4Ever worked great. I think the 4Ever was the more compact of the two, but the NextFit has seat belt lockoffs that are really nice to have with a center install. There are many more options than there were 5 years ago when I was looking, so if you can get somewhere to try them in your car or get your hands on them, that might be helpful to you.

H

HondaFit

We loved Peg Perego 65 in Honda Fit (imy guess they are similarly small). It is compact side to side and front to back. And our kid preferred it to other seats we had for him.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC