Carseats are presents, who has done it?

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Carseats as presents, who has done it?

DH's cousin's son is turning 1 next week and they are currently borrowing our Scenera b/c they needed 2 seats for him and only had one (they would have 2 if they would've asked me before buying the dumb 3 in 1 they have, ugh) and they can't afford one right now. I picked up a Scenera at Target today and was able to get it for 33.98 b/c I had to wait for it. It's more than I normally spend on kids' birthdays, but I figure it's a carseat not a toy and he needs it. I also want my Scenere back. ;) Now I can give it to him and install it while I'm there. They did so well w/ the infant seat, but they're already asking me when he can go ffing. He should weigh about as much as Ilana (so NOT 22#) and he's shorter. His dad already said, wow, he has to be tall to go ffing so hopefully they keep him rfing.

Last edited:
ADS

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I've done it. I got my bff a MA for her shower and then got a Scenera for the baby's 1st b-day---to go in her daddy's truck.

Susan

Tracy

CPST Instructor
:thumbsup:I think car seats are great presents!! that's exactly what my grandson is getting for Christmas! I know my dd and sil can't afford the one I think he should be in, so I'm taking care of getting the right one for him... what better way to show a child how much you love them than make sure they are safe?

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Since we became car-seat savvy, we have purchased each new neice or nephew in our family a carseat as a birth gift. We tend to buy Marathons, but I think this next one is going to break the tradition, as I'm not spending $200+ for a seat that they won't use RFing. I might just buy a SafeSeat1, as they have the Cosco Prospect HB thingy and swear that it's perfect to use after the baby is 20 lbs. Oyyy.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I wish I could buy a MA or something higher weight b/c I think he'll hit 40# before 4, but we just can't do it. I figured by that time I'll probably have an extra HWH seat that they can use for him.

NatenMaddiesMommy

Senior Community Member
I just sent my SIL $100 so that she could purchase 2 MA's for her almost 1yo and her 3yo, who she plans to turn back to RF. So although I didn't totally buy the seats, that was her kids' birthday presents from me this year.

NatenMaddiesMommy

Senior Community Member
I also just remembered that almost 3 yrs ago I got my nephew a new infant seat for Christmas because my sister had gotten into an accident when he was barely 2mos old.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I've done it more than my fair share of times :eek: Leading to more financial woes for myself than has been necessary :thumbsdown: But, they do make great gifts, especially when the parent appreciates them yet wouldn't have gotten as good a seat otherwise :thumbsup:

Melanie

I think giving a carseat as a present is an excellent idea. I'd do it, if I had someone who needed it.

Many kids get way more "stuff" than they need at holidays. You'll know this is a gift that will be used long after many of the toys are forgotten about.

Maybe you could go in with someone on a joint gift to keep the cost down.

thepote

Car seats are one of my favorite presents to give :love:
-DS3 got his MA last Christmas
-Nephew 1 (age 7) got a Parkway (to get him out of backless booster)
-Nephew 2 (age 4 and only 30ish lbs) got a Marathon last spring for b-day (to get him out of HBB:(); also got a Como this fall (his parents were moving the MA between their cars a lot and I was worried about install issues :eek:).
-Got my sister a SS1 for her baby shower for nephew born last month.
-I've given away three Sceneras now to people who needed them.

Yes, they make great gifts!!:love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC