2019 MDX + Maxi Cosi Mico 30? Advice...

PunkyMonkey

Hey y'all - I haven't logged into cs.org in years, but here I am with an almost 9-year-old and an almost newborn!! :D

DH and I bought a 2019 Acura MDX A-spec for our family car and I got a killer deal on a Maxi Cosi Travel system... but the seat takes up so much room front-to-back that my 9 months preggo self is up against the steering wheel and he's 6'4" so if he's driving, new baby cannot ride behind driver's seat. The reason I want new baby there is because my 9yr old is in the back seat on the passenger side and her school has car circle opening back door on passenger side (she is in a Chicco LBB).

My question, because I'm having another large baby anyway, and I only used my older daughter's infant bucket seat for 3 months before going to RF Convertible bc she hated her bucket seat, is it worth buying a different, smaller bucket seat? If so, what are some of the smallest ones? I did some searching and its unclear from product dimensions that vary from site to site, but I don't want to just order a few to test them out on Amazon and have to return them (and I think they don't resell returned seats?? Hate to waste them.)

Also, yes I have the seat moved back as much as possible. Yes its on the base. Angle correct (line parallel to the ground), etc.

Our other 2 cars, which will be used much less than the MDX, are 2015 BMW 328i and 2011 Ford F-150... so bonus if it works well with ALL cars, lol but Acura is main concern!

seat-mdx.jpg

TIA!!! :D

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Yeah, the Mico is huge front to back. Sorry you got one of the biggest.

The Urbini Sonti is one of the most compact and affordable, but I think it only comes in a travel system. However, I think you can get it, even with a stroller, for about $100. So it's something to consider. You may be able to donate the stroller. I'd also look at the Graco Snugride, Chicco KeyFit, Britax B Safe 35. Or, just go straight to the convertible.

Wendy

PunkyMonkey

Thanks, Wendy! Yeah I had no idea the Mico 30 was so big - my sister came by and she has a Nuna Pipa Lite and oddly enough it clicks right into the Maxi Cosi stroller and it's MUCH smaller than the Mico so I went ahead and bought a black Pipa to go with the Maxi Cosi Zelia stroller that was part of the Mico Travel system! Problem quickly solved, and it will be here a week before I'm due :D thanks again for your help, I was about to buy a whole new travel system and take the hit on the one I already got since I tossed the box last month!!

Yeah, the Mico is huge front to back. Sorry you got one of the biggest.

The Urbini Sonti is one of the most compact and affordable, but I think it only comes in a travel system. However, I think you can get it, even with a stroller, for about $100. So it's something to consider. You may be able to donate the stroller. I'd also look at the Graco Snugride, Chicco KeyFit, Britax B Safe 35. Or, just go straight to the convertible.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC