Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Oh, the sadness...

I was a little sad while packing away the tiny clothes...and tiny blankets...high chairs...cribs...etc. But now, my youngest hit the RF weight limit of his seat when I checked him at the dr's office today . So I just turned his seat around...

So it's official. I really don't have any babies anymore. Where's that sobbing emotican when you need it ??

So was anyone else a little sad to turn their last baby around, or am I just the only crazy one ?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Oh, the sadness...

Yep, I was very sad seeing my baby grow up. I gave away my crib earlier this year and that was really hard for me.

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

((Hugs)) I know I will be sad on that day, too. I'm hoping DD2 makes it to 3 years old RF. She weighed in at 30 lbs. a couple of of weeks ago. If it weren't for the bigger Britax/Recaro convertibles, she'd be FF fairly soon before reaching 33/35 lbs. due to her torso height.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

CPS Fanatic

I don't have to deal with having no rearfacers for at least another two years, lol.

Poor mama

You mean this one?

I'm OK because I know we'll have one more. But, that last one. I'm gonna be nuts.
    Maiya ~ 12y/80lbs ~ Jane Indy Plus ~ Hayden ~ 9y/55lbs ~ SK Monterey ~ Quinn ~ 8y/45lbs ~ RXT ~ Mitchell ~ 18m/24lbs ~ Arctic Cat MA

CPS Technician

Quote Originally Posted by keri1292 View Post
    You mean this one?

I'm OK because I know we'll have one more. But, that last one. I'm gonna be nuts.
    Yep!! That's the one I needed !! Thanks! And it probably didn't help that I tried briefly to bring up the possibility of #4 last night, and Dh was pretty serious that he still feels totally done with 3, and would like to get something permanent done soon...And 99% of the time, I feel the same way too....But to have to turn my "baby" FF today...(sigh).

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

It took Piper five years and three months to hit the 33 pound mark, and I'm still upset that she can't RF anymore. I was so used to having it as an option for her. And she outgrew being a baby a long time ago. Which is also sad to say. LOL

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

CPS Technician

Quote Originally Posted by wendytthomas View Post
    It took Piper five years and three months to hit the 33 pound mark, and I'm still upset that she can't RF anymore. I was so used to having it as an option for her. And she outgrew being a baby a long time ago. Which is also sad to say. LOL

Wendy
    Wow!! That's amazing that she made it that long!!!