3 Across 2019 Ford Fiesta?

karina250

I need to see if this is possible.
I currently have an 8 year old in a Chicco Myfit in high back booster mode, a 3 year old FF in a Myfit, and 1 year old RF in a Nextfit but I'm ok with turning her FF if I need to to make this work.
Current seats I have are 2 Chicco Myfits, a Chicco NextFit, and a Cosco Scenera.
I'm aware I'll probably need to buy at least 1 new seat, but I'd like to keep the budget lower as the reason for having to do this in the first place is financial.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Let's work very hard to keep the one year old rear facing, as that's very important for the one year old's safety.

But you can move the eight year old to a backless booster, and that would be safe and a good way to save space.

How tall and heavy is everyone? You could try your Scenera Next (assuming it's not an old Scenera you have), MyFit, and a very narrow backless for the eight year old. The Graco RightGuide if the eight year old is over 50 pounds work, or a BubbleBum if the eight year old is over 40 pounds.

Wendy

karina250

Thanks for your help. My 8 year old is 55 lbs and 48 inches tall, 3 year old is 30 lbs and 36 inches tall, and 1 year old is 22 lbs and 31 inches tall.

My 8 year old is not ready for a backless booster. She just moves to a high back booster a few weeks ago.

I got the 2 myfits and a turbobooster 3 across in there, but just barely and the 2 myfits touch the outside doors and I'm not comfortable with that.

My husband and I decided to purchase 2 Diono 3Rs which just arrived today which I'm going to try and as an after thought I ordered the angle adjuster to see if I could get my youngest RF but it wont be here until tomorrow. So I'm going to try putting the 1 year old RF in the middle in a diono, and then FF Diono and the booster on each side. If that doesnt work I figured I'd try the booster in the middle with the 2 diono FF on each side.

Last edited:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
A Diono takes up less space (by three inches) rear facing side to side. The base is 14" wide, it's 17" at the shoulders. I don't know if it'll fit front to back, even with the angle adjuster, but side to side it'll fit a lot better rear facing.

Please, work very hard to get your one year old rear facing. There is a reason it's the law in many states, and why the AAP has said to keep kids rear facing as long as possible. It's just that safe. Try the Diono in the middle as it may fit better front to back and side to side. I would strongly encourage a backless booster for the eight year old. Eight year olds can be reminded to sit up and they can remember better. You can't remind a one year old's neck to ossify faster and not come out harmed in a crash when forward facing.

For your three year old, make sure you have the forward facing recline out, the crotch strap in the outermost position, the Safe Stop on, the strap covers on. Those are all required for a forward facing Diono at their weight.

Maybe put the eight year old back in a MyFit if that's narrower than the booster you have.

Wendy

karina250

I've been messing with different combos for a couple of days now. The best fitting combo I have come up with is 3 year old in her Myfit, 1 year old RF in the middle in the Diono, and 8 year old in the turbobooster.

I had to use the angle adjuster to get the diono to fit so that the driver can still sit comfortably to drive as the seat effects both the front seats when in the middle. Its preferable for the 8 year old to be on the passenger side to make for easier school pick up and drop offs.

I do have a question that I'm hopeful you could help answer. I'm not sure if I'm over looking it in the manual, but how to I know after using the angle adjuster that the diono is not to upright?

Ive tried to attach a photo. Hopefully Ive done it correctly.

Attachments

• 2_zpstxxne4ct.png
    2_zpstxxne4ct.png
    640.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.png
    2.png
    443.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    435 KB · Views: 4
  • Untitled_zpscylc6caw.png
    Untitled_zpscylc6caw.png
    631.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
There is no too upright for the Diono. It's just upright or not upright. Those are the two options.

You're missing the required screws in your Turbobooster.

Wendy

karina250

Oh no, I had no idea it needed screws. I'll check the box and the manual again. Thanks for letting me know.

Does the Diono look ok then?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC