7 month old 99th percentile for height

M

MommatoTallGal

My daughter is 7 months old and is in the 99th percentile for height. At her 6 month wellness visit she was 20 inches long and 19.5 lbs.

Her current car seat is set for a max of 35 lbs and 32" or less.

She is gaining an average of four inches between each wellness visit. [3 months apart]

She has already gained another two inches since her visit last month which puts her at 22" already!

She will more than likely out grow her current seat a little past her 1st birthday but with her needing to be rearfacing till at least two I'm wondering what my options are considering how fast she seems to be growing.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi there!

I'm sorry, how tall is she? A 20 inch child is a slightly smaller than average newborn. A 22 inch child is about a two month old.

In the first six months, babies grow at a huge rate, and from here on out, the curve settles down a bit. So I wouldn't panic too much.

Wendy

jjordan

The good news is that there are soooo many convertibles that will last several years rear facing for even very tall children. But it sounds like she has plenty of time left in her current seat, so you can kick that can down the road a bit and do your car seat research in a few months!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC