Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    MommatoTallGal

7 month old 99th percentile for height

My daughter is 7 months old and is in the 99th percentile for height. At her 6 month wellness visit she was 20 inches long and 19.5 lbs.

Her current car seat is set for a max of 35 lbs and 32" or less.

She is gaining an average of four inches between each wellness visit. [3 months apart]

She has already gained another two inches since her visit last month which puts her at 22" already!

She will more than likely out grow her current seat a little past her 1st birthday but with her needing to be rearfacing till at least two I'm wondering what my options are considering how fast she seems to be growing.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: 7 month old 99th percentile for height

Hi there!

I'm sorry, how tall is she? A 20 inch child is a slightly smaller than average newborn. A 22 inch child is about a two month old.

In the first six months, babies grow at a huge rate, and from here on out, the curve settles down a bit. So I wouldn't panic too much.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Moderator - CPS Technician

Re: 7 month old 99th percentile for height

The good news is that there are soooo many convertibles that will last several years rear facing for even very tall children. But it sounds like she has plenty of time left in her current seat, so you can kick that can down the road a bit and do your car seat research in a few months!
    Cutie #1 (13 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (10 years) riding in a Safety 1st Incognito

Cutie #3 (7 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (6 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (3 years) riding in a Nuna Rava