Volvo s60 and LATCH

U

Unregistered

I have a 2004 Volvo s60 and am having a hard time accessing the LATCH anchors. This hasn't been a problem before because I have been using a Graco SnugRide infant car seat (which I can leave in the car at all times because we have 2 bases for the car seat). Now that my 6 month old has outgrown that seat, I am buying a convertible car seat that will have to be taken in and out of the car on a daily basis. I'm just wondering if anybody else has had this problem with a Volvo and if there are any pointers on attaching the latch anchors more easily. By the way, I am considering getting the Britax Marathon. I'm wondering if it will be too big for my car. (I wish I had a bigger car but this is a company car so I can't trade it in for a new model). Any advice would be great!

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Marathon is a good choice & I think it's base is rather narrow compared to some convertables ... our Wizard is so similar & judging by pictures of the Volvo S60 I found online I think it should fit just fine since I've managed to fit the Wizard in a car that looks smaller. I didn't use LATCH, though, just the belt lock-offs on the base of the carseat :rolleyes:

groovymom2000

I have a 2004 V70R, and I am wondering what

you mean exactly. Are you saying that you are having a hard time getting TO the LATCH anchors(too far into the seat, too small?) or that you are having a hard time attaching the seat to the LATCH anchors. THe ones in my car are kind of difficult to get to, but I generally don't use LATCH, as I have found the Marathon installs so easily with the seatbelt.
As for size--my BIL has a 2001 V60, and a MA, and it is tight. In fact, it is tight with a Roundabout rearfacing in my wagon---for the front seat passenger that is. BIL and my sister are both over 6' tall, and whoever rides as a passenger in the Volvo does not have much legroom at all. :(
Is there any way that you can consider getting 2 seats? Perhaps not 2 Marathons but something else? I would hate to think of having to lug the seat in and out of the car every day--that will get old soon. Also, when someone is in a hurry or running late, will they take the time to make sure the seat is installed properly? If it were me, if I couldn't afford 2 Marathons, I would most likely consider a different, less expensive convertible model that I could get 2 of, thus eliminating a lot of hassle and potential for misuse. Just a thought!
Good luck!
~Beth, mom to Elliot(12/00) and Ian (5/04)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Last edited:
U

Unregistered

Can't get to LATCH anchors in Volvo

Thanks for your response. The problem I am having is getting the LATCH connectors attached to the anchors in the car. It is really tight and I struggle with it each time. I think installing the seat would be really easy if I could just get those connectors to clip on the first try. You are right, though -the Marathon is really heavy and might be a pain to take in and out of the car. I like the Marathon because I have heard that it is easy to install and the weight limit is 65 lbs so I am thinking it will last a long time. Do you have any suggestions of other seats that would be lighter/easier to take out on a daily basis? Thanks!

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Sorry, I was editing my post to include some links listing some carseats for you.... Pretty much any convertable you get now should last till your baby is about 3-4 years old, except for the Marathon/Wizard which gives an aditional 2 years or so of use, but in another 3-4 years there will probably be better combination seats worth getting anyway ;)

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC