Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Dave000

Infant twins + Toddler in a 6 seat Durango

A few years ago I picked up a new 2016, six seat (2nd row captains chairs) Durango in preparation for the arrival of my first child. It's been great. My wife and I are now expecting twins any time and I'm looking for guidance on the most convenient set up for my two infants and rear facing toddler. I just can't picture a good option when transporting all three that doesn't put me climbing in the car to get them clicked / buckeled in. Any thoughts?

My toddler is in a Evenflo Symphony Elite All-In-One, planning to have the twins in Graco SnugRide 35 .

Thanks so much!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Infant twins + Toddler in a 6 seat Durango

Hi Dave, congrats!

It's unlikely the Symphony fits rear facing in the third row with the recline line parallel to the ground. So my guess is you could probably keep the toddler in the second row, then maybe *try* for two next to one another in the third row, and then fold down a second row seat if the car allows for that? That may be the easiest. Then just lean back and click in the two babies and buckle in the older in the second row.

But likely you'll have one in the third row (baby), one in the second row, and toddler in the second row. Or get a new seat for the toddler that's compact enough to fit in the third row rear facing and put your toddler in the third row, then a baby in the third row, and the other baby in the second. That doesn't make it easier, other than if you fold down a second row and you can reach someone better back there. Being able to fold down a second row seat may help make it easier (and leave it folded for easy access), but that's all I can think of.

I'm not even certain, though, that a Symphony will fit with a Snugride behind it, so you may have Symphony in the second row rear facing, and the babies behind one another second and third row.

You could try loading the babies next to one another in the third row, and load them from the trunk. That may be easier.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785