Infant twins + Toddler in a 6 seat Durango

D

Dave000

A few years ago I picked up a new 2016, six seat (2nd row captains chairs) Durango in preparation for the arrival of my first child. It's been great. My wife and I are now expecting twins any time and I'm looking for guidance on the most convenient set up for my two infants and rear facing toddler. I just can't picture a good option when transporting all three that doesn't put me climbing in the car to get them clicked / buckeled in. Any thoughts?

My toddler is in a Evenflo Symphony Elite All-In-One, planning to have the twins in Graco SnugRide 35 .

Thanks so much!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi Dave, congrats!

It's unlikely the Symphony fits rear facing in the third row with the recline line parallel to the ground. So my guess is you could probably keep the toddler in the second row, then maybe *try* for two next to one another in the third row, and then fold down a second row seat if the car allows for that? That may be the easiest. Then just lean back and click in the two babies and buckle in the older in the second row.

But likely you'll have one in the third row (baby), one in the second row, and toddler in the second row. Or get a new seat for the toddler that's compact enough to fit in the third row rear facing and put your toddler in the third row, then a baby in the third row, and the other baby in the second. That doesn't make it easier, other than if you fold down a second row and you can reach someone better back there. Being able to fold down a second row seat may help make it easier (and leave it folded for easy access), but that's all I can think of.

I'm not even certain, though, that a Symphony will fit with a Snugride behind it, so you may have Symphony in the second row rear facing, and the babies behind one another second and third row.

You could try loading the babies next to one another in the third row, and load them from the trunk. That may be easier.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC