RF convertible for center seat in 08 Honda Civic coupe?

U

Unregistered

Is there a convertible seat that will fit rear facing in the center seat of an 08 Honda Civic 2 door coupe? 15 month old in the 15% percentile (under 20lbs, still fits height wise in infant seat) and the driver is 5’3”. Would like to keep seat equal or less than $250.

Must order online and no place local to try seats before buying. Options I’ve been considering: Graco Extend2Fit, Diono Radian 3 RXT with angle Adjuster, and Maxi Cosi Pria 85. Will any of these work? Or recommendations for a seat that works well behind the passenger, if that’s my only option?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Of those I'd say the Extend2Fit is the best bet. Be aware though that it's likely incompatible forward facing if you turn before 40 lbs which you may end up wanting to with a tiny one like that. You could instead consider a different Graco seat, maybe the Contender or Size4Me etc, that doesn't have that drawback but has a similar footprint.

The Chicco Nextfit likely also would work as would the Britax Marathon Clicktight (only in range if you find it on sale but that could happen.) The Combi Coccoro would definitely fit but isn't as long lasting or easy to install.

U

Unregistered

What would be the reason I’d need to switch her forward facing earlier? I would like to keep her rear facing as long as possible, at least until 3 or 4.

I hope to get a larger car by the time she is 2 or so. I was thinking if I could make the Extend2Fit work in this car, it should transition nicely.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
She's so tiny that she may not be 40 pounds until closer to six. That may be why. If you turn her at four years old, you may need to take the under 40 pound recline into effect.

Wendy

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yes. By 4 or 5 if you want the convenience of easier loading, she's asking to ff, etc, it would be a safe choice at that point, and you may want a seat that's more flexible in ff install. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC