Seat for 2010 Odyssey, 2nd row

diaperjoys

I'm wondering what kind of seats I could anticipate working on the 2nd row 2010 Odyssey "mini-seat"? Looking to purchase a new-to-us vehicle tomorrow. Our extremely tall 5yo is currently in a harnessed seat (chicco myfit). She's almost 6, and we could think about transitioning her to a high back booster. But what boosters would fit a tall kiddo on a dinky seat?

I don't know if the 2010 has the feature where the captains chairs on either side of the dinky seat can be scooted sideways to create more center room - maybe some of you will know the answer to that.

Thanks for any suggestions! Oh. Our daughter will still have a harnessed seat in the other vehicle, so the Odyssey/booster arrangement would be for shorter trips, learning how to sit, etc.

ADS

aporthole

Yes, the 2010 has the feature where the small center seat can be removed and the passenger side captain’s chair moved to the “middle”. I don’t think there are any high back boosters that will work well on the small removable center seat.

If you move a captain’s chair to the middle, I know a few booster manufacturers have said no to using the outboard passenger seat belt once the passenger side seat has been moved to the middle. Moving the captain’s chair is really best for a LATCH installed seat. Since all of your kids are older, I don’t think you’d get much usage out of that feature.

Can you just put her in one of the captain’s chairs? That would make things a lot easier.

henrietta

I have an '09 Oddy and was a CPST. I also have an almost 6 year old.

The outboard seatbelt is not good for a booster seat with the captains chair moved to the center. Even if it were allowed, I would not use it that way. It does not fit correctly, impedes the third row, and is very difficult for a young child to reach & buckle.

Just use the captains chair in it's regular position (outboard) in a booster. The narrow middle seat is only good for a harnessed seat. It's nearly impossible to buckle most boosters there properly or safely.

The Oddy is very safe. If your child is a healthy almost 6 year old of normal size, she's quite safe in a high back booster in an Oddy. 😉

Hths

henrietta

And btw, your 13 year old may fit comfortably in that center dinky seat and your 11 year old may 5 step there if she is tall enough. My smallish 11 year old 5 steps there and in the third row of the Oddy just fine. The middle second row seat doesn't have great lap belt fit though.

I have a 14 year old who is adult sized, an 11 year old who is 57" and 75 lbs, and an almost 6 year old who is 44" and almost 40 lbs.

Good luck!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC