FF and booster in a 2017 Kia Sedona

starflower

We’re on the verge of purchasing a 2017 Kia Sedona SX+.

Stats:
Kid 1
3yr 8mo
38lbs
43” ish inches tall
Wearing about a 5T
FF

Current available seats:
Diono Radian (she’s on the top slot)
Evenflo SureRide (I do like to keep this as a backup seat)
Graco Tranzitions (this is in my MIL’s car, the Radian is incompatible with her vehicle and she drives her at least once a week)

Kid 2
8 next month
68lbs, 53.5”
In a HBB

Current available seats:
Diono Cambria
Evenflo Big Kid - standing height limit of 57” on this one is something I suspect he will outgrow before he’s ready to be out of a booster.

From a CPST friend, I’ve been told the Radian will likely only work in the third row, as will the Diono booster. What’s my best configuration to have both kids in the second row captains chairs? My MILs vehicle, for reference, is a 2017 Honda CR-V EX.

Thanks!

ADS

jjordan

To use a booster you'll need to have one that can work with the tilted head rests, or you can go backless, which would be easier. Offhand I don't know of highback boosters that work with a tilted head rest. Removing the head rest is an option but would be a little tricky because of the way they are attached. As a result it would be a bit of a hassle to put them back ON when you need them, so I'd do that only if you are willing to go to the trouble.

I'm guessing it would be easier to find a FF harness seat that will work since they tend to be shorter. Have you tried any of your seats there?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC