Question Myfit

allmyboyz

Ok so I got the myfit base model. I cannot for the life of me get a secure install using latch on the odyssey captain chairs. Any tips?

ADS

marcelor73

Ok so I got the myfit base model. I cannot for the life of me get a secure install using latch on the odyssey captain chairs. Any tips?
Slightly recline the vehicle seat before tightening the lower anchor strap. When pulling on the strap to tighten it, put pressure on the seat the creat slack. Pull in the same direction as the other strap (towards the belt path) as pulling away from it will work against the buckle. After tightening it, return the vehicle seat to upright to help tighten it. Make sure to use the top tether.

If all else fails, schedule a visit with a CPS Tech.

allmyboyz

I tried all that. It works with my rxt but idk you know the part on the latch that loosens and tightens it? It is flush against the car seat, very close to entering the belt path and doesn’t allow any more tightening at that angle. I tried pulling any slack to the other side as well just to see if there is any and was not able to pull at all. But when I test the install there is a whole lot of movement.

allmyboyz

Yes I can get a good install using the seatbelt and using the recline trick. Was just hoping the latch would work well for quick in and outs as my kid is under 30 lb.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The overhang is fine.

It's a bummer when the preferred method doesn't work, to be sure. Did you try the other side of the car? Sometimes the change in angle helps.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC