Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Myfit

Carseat Crazy

Myfit

Ok so I got the myfit base model. I cannot for the life of me get a secure install using latch on the odyssey captain chairs. Any tips?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Myfit

Quote Originally Posted by allmyboyz View Post
    Ok so I got the myfit base model. I cannot for the life of me get a secure install using latch on the odyssey captain chairs. Any tips?
    Slightly recline the vehicle seat before tightening the lower anchor strap. When pulling on the strap to tighten it, put pressure on the seat the creat slack. Pull in the same direction as the other strap (towards the belt path) as pulling away from it will work against the buckle. After tightening it, return the vehicle seat to upright to help tighten it. Make sure to use the top tether.

If all else fails, schedule a visit with a CPS Tech.

4. Thank You from:

Carseat Crazy

I tried all that. It works with my rxt but idk you know the part on the latch that loosens and tightens it? It is flush against the car seat, very close to entering the belt path and doesn’t allow any more tightening at that angle. I tried pulling any slack to the other side as well just to see if there is any and was not able to pull at all. But when I test the install there is a whole lot of movement.

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Did you try a seatbelt install?

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Carseat Crazy

Yes I can get a good install using the seatbelt and using the recline trick. Was just hoping the latch would work well for quick in and outs as my kid is under 30 lb.

Carseat Crazy

IMG_3052.JPG

Is that ok? A bit of an overhang in the third row.

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

The overhang is fine.

It's a bummer when the preferred method doesn't work, to be sure. Did you try the other side of the car? Sometimes the change in angle helps.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

10. Thank You from: