Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Low profile FF or Combination seat

I am in need of some advice for Grandma's car. My mom drives a PT Cruiser convertible and between her (lack of) height and tiny back window, she is having a major visibility issue with her back window as my youngest grows.

We currently have our spare Nautilus installed in her car, but with the headrest in the proper position for our 3 year old, she loses about half her sight line out her back window. She is pushing to put him in a booster like big brother, but that is so not happening. So I am wondering if there are other harnessed seats that are lower profile and would block the window less. Doesn't need to be a combo seat, we have plenty of boosters. We have an older (but not expired) Maestro I am going to try, but would welcome other ideas. Maybe the Cosco Finale?

For reference: kiddo is 3 YO (4 in Dec), 37lb and 40"
    Last edited by rin2809; 09-30-2019 at 09:33 AM.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: Low profile FF or Combination seat

The only thing I can think of, honestly, that's a significant difference for visibility with a harness is an IMMI Go.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

CPS Fanatic

Re: Low profile FF or Combination seat

I find that car seats with harnesses that have to be rethreaded tend to block less. An Evenflo Sureride is pretty short overall compared to a Nautilus adjusted all the way up, but harnesses longer, for example.

I suspect a Finale would work similarly.