Low profile FF or Combination seat

rin2809

I am in need of some advice for Grandma's car. My mom drives a PT Cruiser convertible and between her (lack of) height and tiny back window, she is having a major visibility issue with her back window as my youngest grows.

We currently have our spare Nautilus installed in her car, but with the headrest in the proper position for our 3 year old, she loses about half her sight line out her back window. She is pushing to put him in a booster like big brother, but that is so not happening. So I am wondering if there are other harnessed seats that are lower profile and would block the window less. Doesn't need to be a combo seat, we have plenty of boosters. We have an older (but not expired) Maestro I am going to try, but would welcome other ideas. Maybe the Cosco Finale?

For reference: kiddo is 3 YO (4 in Dec), 37lb and 40"

Last edited:
ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The only thing I can think of, honestly, that's a significant difference for visibility with a harness is an IMMI Go.

lgenne

I find that car seats with harnesses that have to be rethreaded tend to block less. An Evenflo Sureride is pretty short overall compared to a Nautilus adjusted all the way up, but harnesses longer, for example.

I suspect a Finale would work similarly.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC