Britax advocate clicktight

U

Unregistered

Im trying to choose a car seat to purchase but read somewhere the Britax advocate clicktight had a lower safety rating than the Graco 4ever extend2fit and the Britax boulevard. I was wondering if this is true? It kind of confused me that the advocate and boulevard are the same seat except advocate having an extra layer of side impact protection so how can the boulevard have performed better in crash testing? If anyone has any idea bout this I'd appreciate the advice to help me make my car seat decision.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi there!

We'd love to help you out.

First, there are no safety ratings. :) So, not sure what you were reading. You're right that it's the same seat as the Boulevard ClickTight, just with the side impact cushions added on.

Second, how old, tall, and heavy is your child, and what is your budget? Also, what car do you have?

Wendy

U

Unregistered

It will be for a newborn I'm due in January. The cars they will be in is a 2010 Honda Accord crosstour, 2005 Toyota Tacoma access cab, 2003 Dodge Grand caravan, and a 1998 Jeep Cherokee. I just found out about the Britax one4life, I'm waiting to see reviews on that after it comes out, I see though that it looks like all the pre order seats don't look like they come with the anti rebound bar so I'm wondering if they will have it available after the release date. I was also wondering why it doesn't have the hug pads on it like britax's other models.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I don't know why it doesn't have HUGS. It could be the final version does, and just the previews haven't because it looks nicer without. I don't know. It may just be that they simply don't require them.

The ClickTights likely won't fit in your Tacoma for a newborn at the required recline. Or if it does, it'll be in the middle. It'll also take a rolled towel in the Caravan to get it to a newborn recline, just FYI. The Caravan has a VERY steep second row.

The Emblem and the Allegiance are the same seat, and they also get different ratings in the Baby Gear Lab ratings. So again, don't know. He also talks about how they fit three across, but he doesn't install them three across, he just adds numbers based on the hip width of the car. They're not totally valid ratings in any way. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in them. And the Extend2Fit forward faces to 65 pounds, not 64. So there are a few things right in that first row of ratings.

Wendy

U

Unregistered

The 4ever extend2fit will be just as deep front to back in the Tacoma right? The Tacoma doesn't have a middle seat it's an access cab so the seats are even smaller back there and some carseats like the Costco scenera doesn't even install tight back there. We don't drive the van much unless we have to haul a bunch of neices and nephews around or we just need a big vehicle to haul stuff back like Christmas time. There is a good chance I'll need a rolled towel in my Honda too because those seats are pretty steep in the back also, I know I have to use on for the 4ever extend2fit. The main one we will be driving is my Honda and my fiance is planning on driving the jeep more because of the carseats fitting issue but if we have to drive the Tacoma for some reason and can't fit a seat back there until the baby is older and doesn't need that much recline then there is always an option to put the baby in the front seat because we can turn the airbag completely off and I can sit in the back. I don't like to do that though so mainly until baby is older we will take my Honda and my fiance the jeep. Luckily I'm sure he won't really be going much places without me just if he has to run to the store right around the corner from our house.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The 4Ever Extend2Fit will be smaller than the ClickTights for a newborn, but it'll be big front to back.

Wendy

U

Unregistered

Smaller front to back is what I need more. I do have an infant carrier that fits preemies well if she ends up being too small for the convertible. I can put her in that until she gets a little bigger. Will there be a review on here soon after that new Britax is released? Also I came across this website that has a few carseats for really cheap and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with getting carseats from it. http://admtechz.com/britax-boulevard-clicktight-arb-convertible-car-seat-in-trek/

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC