Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Booster recs for new 2019 vw tiguan

I work as a nanny. I currently have (not all at once, the days are split between families) 2 yr 8 months 25ish lbs, 4 yr 10 months 40ish lbs, 6.5yr old 64lbs and 9 yr old 65lbs.
    I have a graco milestone FF and a britax pioneer.

The smaller ones I adjust the milestone and all is fine. The 6.5 yr old is 1lb away from maxing that seat out and is just about to not fit in the harness. I could switch him to booster mode in that seat. The 9 yr old rides in the pioneer in booster mode. I've considered switching the 2 older ones but then was concerned about the tests done on the pioneer with higher weight kids.

Fwiw they both ride in hb graco turboboosters in their father's car and the 6.5 yr old is in another britax in his mother's.

What's best here?

Also, my new car will have a 3rd row, no latch or tether but I'd only be using it for additional booster seats.

I'm looking for backless boosters that are easy to store when not in use. They'd be used maybe once or twice a month. I've looked at the Graco turbo go and the Graco takealong as both seem like they'd be easy to store when not needed. Any advice here? The children using them are 8-9, smallest being 55 lbs, not sure on height but all avg to on the taller side.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Booster recs for new 2019 vw tiguan

Can you please clarify which kids are in your vehicle at the same time? Just the oldest two, and the younger two are on their own?
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, FF in a Pioneer, Boulevard G4, and SureRide
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted SturdiBag

The 2 oldest together.
    The 4.5 yr old alone
    2.5 yr old usually alone sometimes a ln 8 yr old sibling.

Extra seats would be for friends

CPS Technician

I’d do 2 Graco RightGuides for the 6 & 9 year olds in the 3rd row. There is so little space back there that you will need something really low profile. The 8yo can use the RightGuide if needed.

6. Thank You from:

I looked that them too but wasn't sure.

Fwiw I get the 2019 on Sat. I currently have a 2017 and bringing friends has never been an option.

The fact that the pioneer and milestone convert from harness to booster easily is why this works so far lol

Ideally I'd use the existing britax and graco unless I had extra kids who needed the 3rd row. Both work as boosters and can still be used for harness when I need that.