Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Booster Recommendations

I need two different booster recommendations (can be the same seat or different).

1) What boosters are best for a smaller (40 lbs) 6.5 year old to buckle and unbuckle herself? Needs to be high back, but other than that can be booster-only, combination, 3-in-1, etc.

2) What booster is best for the 3rd row of a Kia Sedona? (I think it is a Sedona...it’s a 3 row Kia SUV....the one with only 2 seats in the 3rd row) No lower anchors or tether in that position so probably looking for a dedicated booster.

Thanks!
    Mama to G. (born March of 2013, riding FF in a Chicco MyFit, an IMMI Go, and a Britax Marathon)... and L. (born June of 2015, riding RF in a Graco Milestone, a Graco Extend-2-Fit 3-in-1 and a Graco SlimFit)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Booster Recommendations

I’d say most highback boosters are fairly easy to buckle. My 7 year old does well in a Graco turbobooster lx and she fit well at 40lbs. The only booster that was somewhat tricky was the britax with the crotch buckle. That took a bit to figure out but all the kids eventually got there.

For the third row is there much room for head excursion? I might consider a backless if she can sit still. The harmony youth booster will probably fit her. My kids have gotten great belt fits with it.