Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Clek Liing in Odyssey - load leg ok?

Baby due in 3 weeks! We have a Clek Liing and a 2013 Honda Odyssey. I know the load leg cannot be used in cars with underfloor storage, but I just found out our Odyssey has a spare tire behind the front seats. Does this mean I can’t use the load leg?? Or is a spare tire compartment not the same as underfloor storage?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Clek Liing in Odyssey - load leg ok?

Have you checked your van's manual? If that doesn't answer your question, a call to Honda could be in order. Unless, of course, someone has already gotten the official answer and can give it to you. Unfortunately, I cant!
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, FF in a Pioneer, Boulevard G4, and SureRide
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted SturdiBag

Unregistered

Thank you! OP here. I’ve gone through the manual and it mentions nothing about a load leg or anything about the spare tire compartment other than what’s in it and how to use it. Im guessing load legs didn’t exist back when it was written? I guess I’ll have to call Honda and not use the load leg until I get an answer. Bummer. I really like the seat.

CPS Technician

Good news! Honda allows load legs over the spare tire compartment. You’re good to go.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by aporthole View Post
    Good news! Honda allows load legs over the spare tire compartment. You’re good to go.
    OP here, thank you so much for chiming in! Are you certain of this?

I only ask because I just got done speaking to Honda and they were absolutely no help at all. They referred me to the pages in the manual that discuss carseats in general, which have no mention at all about load legs. They also told me to contact Clek and ask them, and Clek told me to contact Honda! It seems neither wants to be responsible for giving me a straight answer to this.

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Honda has confirmed they do allow it. That means Clek is ok with it too.

(Nuna said they don't, unfortunately. That means in my 13, the Pipa goes behind the driver as that's where the storage compartment doesn't extend. I mean with my setup I would want it there anyway, but it's the only 2nd row position I can use the Pipa load leg. The Lling gives more options.)
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

CPS Technician

The Car Seat Lady’s write up of the Odyssey mentions that Honda does not have any restrictions on their end regarding load legs over the spare tire compartment.

Unregistered

OP again - thank you so much everyone!