Clek Liing in Odyssey - load leg ok?

U

Unregistered

Baby due in 3 weeks! We have a Clek Liing and a 2013 Honda Odyssey. I know the load leg cannot be used in cars with underfloor storage, but I just found out our Odyssey has a spare tire behind the front seats. Does this mean I can’t use the load leg?? Or is a spare tire compartment not the same as underfloor storage?

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

Have you checked your van's manual? If that doesn't answer your question, a call to Honda could be in order. Unless, of course, someone has already gotten the official answer and can give it to you. Unfortunately, I cant!

U

Unregistered

Thank you! OP here. I’ve gone through the manual and it mentions nothing about a load leg or anything about the spare tire compartment other than what’s in it and how to use it. Im guessing load legs didn’t exist back when it was written? I guess I’ll have to call Honda and not use the load leg until I get an answer. Bummer. I really like the seat.

U

Unregistered

Good news! Honda allows load legs over the spare tire compartment. You’re good to go.

OP here, thank you so much for chiming in! Are you certain of this?

I only ask because I just got done speaking to Honda and they were absolutely no help at all. They referred me to the pages in the manual that discuss carseats in general, which have no mention at all about load legs. They also told me to contact Clek and ask them, and Clek told me to contact Honda! It seems neither wants to be responsible for giving me a straight answer to this.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Honda has confirmed they do allow it. That means Clek is ok with it too.

(Nuna said they don't, unfortunately. That means in my 13, the Pipa goes behind the driver as that's where the storage compartment doesn't extend. I mean with my setup I would want it there anyway, but it's the only 2nd row position I can use the Pipa load leg. The Lling gives more options.)

aporthole

The Car Seat Lady’s write up of the Odyssey mentions that Honda does not have any restrictions on their end regarding load legs over the spare tire compartment.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC