Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Frontier harness for six year old?

My son is 6, 48 inches, 64 lbs.

I got the Frontier ClickTight because of cost and reclinability.

I got it today and pulled it up all the way.

Does this mean he can’t use use the harness(I bought it specifically for the harness)??

Thx!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Frontier harness for six year old?

Hi there.

I think we're missing part of the puzzle.

You pulled it all the way up, and then what? At six years old and 48" the harness should be well above his shoulders.

However, at six years old and 48" and 64 pounds, most kids are booster ready. Unless he has a medical need, he's likely ready to use the seat as a booster. So that's a perfectly viable option as well. He may not need the harness at all. If it makes you feel better, that's fine to do, but there may also not be a need for the harness.

Let us know what we're missing, though, and we'll be more than happy to help you figure out what's going on and hopefully help you fix it in a second.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785