Question Graco 4Ever and a 2019 Mazda Cx5

Robin F

HI -- I have a 4.5 year old, who weights 34 lbs and is 41" tall. I drive a Honda CRV and have her Graco 4Ever seat, rear-facing and in the middle of the back.
My questions are: a) My lease is up and I am thinking to lease a Mazda Cx5 -- will the 4Ever fit rear-facing and in the middle? If not and I move to behind the passenger seat (or my driver seat), will I (or a passenger) be comfortable? And finally , should I just lease another Honda CRV (no issues). I like the way the Mazda Cx5 drives and would consider getting a new car seat, but we are super-happy with the 4Ever. Thank you so much!! ps: We are a one-car seat family :)

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

The best way to find out is to stop by the dealership and try it out! I think if it works well for you in one compact crossover, it has a good chance of working in another compact crossover.

aporthole

Just to be aware for down the road, the CR-V has some major issues when it comes to using boosters in the side seats. The shoulder belts are mounted forward of the seat back giving a very poor shoulder belt fit for kids in backless boosters and also causes belt retraction issues for nearly all high back boosters.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
For Robin F | Graco 4Ever in a Mazda CX5

Posting on behalf of Robin F.

I have a 4.5 year old who weighs 34 lbs and is 41" tall. I have her
rear-facing in a Graco 4Ever.

I currently drive a Honda CRV and have the car seat in the middle of the
back. My lease is up and I'm thinking to lease a Mazda Cx5. I'm reading
conflicting reports as to whether or not the seat will fit in the back
configured the way we currently have it -- rear-facing, middle of seat. No
other car seats need to fit in the car (or if they did, I would move my
daughters to the side).

Any input or thoughts would be so appreciated. Thank you so much. And
while we're here, if I do move the car seat so that it is behind one of the
front seats, which is safer -- behind the driver or behind the passenger?

Thank you again!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC