Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Graco 4Ever and a 2019 Mazda Cx5

HI -- I have a 4.5 year old, who weights 34 lbs and is 41" tall. I drive a Honda CRV and have her Graco 4Ever seat, rear-facing and in the middle of the back.
    My questions are: a) My lease is up and I am thinking to lease a Mazda Cx5 -- will the 4Ever fit rear-facing and in the middle? If not and I move to behind the passenger seat (or my driver seat), will I (or a passenger) be comfortable? And finally , should I just lease another Honda CRV (no issues). I like the way the Mazda Cx5 drives and would consider getting a new car seat, but we are super-happy with the 4Ever. Thank you so much!! ps: We are a one-car seat family

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Graco 4Ever and a 2019 Mazda Cx5

The best way to find out is to stop by the dealership and try it out! I think if it works well for you in one compact crossover, it has a good chance of working in another compact crossover.
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, FF in a Pioneer, Boulevard G4, and SureRide
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted SturdiBag

CPS Technician

Re: Graco 4Ever and a 2019 Mazda Cx5

Just to be aware for down the road, the CR-V has some major issues when it comes to using boosters in the side seats. The shoulder belts are mounted forward of the seat back giving a very poor shoulder belt fit for kids in backless boosters and also causes belt retraction issues for nearly all high back boosters.

Admin - CPST Instructor murphydog77's Avatar

For Robin F | Graco 4Ever in a Mazda CX5

Posting on behalf of Robin F.

I have a 4.5 year old who weighs 34 lbs and is 41" tall. I have her
    rear-facing in a Graco 4Ever.

I currently drive a Honda CRV and have the car seat in the middle of the
    back. My lease is up and I'm thinking to lease a Mazda Cx5. I'm reading
    conflicting reports as to whether or not the seat will fit in the back
    configured the way we currently have it -- rear-facing, middle of seat. No
    other car seats need to fit in the car (or if they did, I would move my
    daughters to the side).

Any input or thoughts would be so appreciated. Thank you so much. And
    while we're here, if I do move the car seat so that it is behind one of the
    front seats, which is safer -- behind the driver or behind the passenger?

Thank you again!!