Ford Transit

B

B!u3_Lov3

Hi,

I am really interested in purchasing a Ford Transit Passenger van, but I was going to get the converted one where it will have 9 seats instead of the 12-15 seats. I wanted to know what are some good car seats that can fit into this car?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi there.

We'd love to help you. But we'll need some more information please. Can you tell us more about the children you'd like to buy seats for? That way we know if you need seats for babies, seats for toddlers, seats for preschoolers, seats for elementary aged kids, or seats for tweens. They all need very different seats, and it's very hard to recommend seats without more information.

Then, if you'd like us to stay within a certain budget, please let us know! We'll take that into consideration as well.

It's probably just easiest if you give us their ages, heights, and weights, and your budget, since we know your vehicle for this already. That'll also give us an idea of how many carseats you'd like recommended.

Wendy

U

Unregistered

Hi,

Thanks so much for agreeing to help! I just found out that I am having quadruplets. my friend told me about the car and I didn't want the one with all the seats, I want to go with the 9 passenger because I figured it would be the right choice.

Also, I wanted to know what infant car seats would fit into the car. I have looked online everywhere and haven't found the answer yet. I don't want to purchase the car seats on my own, then find out that they won't fit.

As for a budget, since we (me and my fiancee) are paying for them, our limit is $300 give or take. And if you could recommend some booster seats, that would be great as well :)

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Wow, congrats.

Ok, so four babies, and then you need booster seats? How old are those kids, and how tall and heavy, please?

Why don't you just list everyone you expect to be in this vehicle, please? That way we don't need to be surprised by every post?

Wendy

B

B!u3_Lov3

Hi,

What I meant to say before is that I'm a first time mom and I found out I'm having quadruplets. I wanted to get this car because I feel like I will have enough room for all my babies.

I wanted to know what Infant car seats would fit inside of the car. I have looked online to see which car seat would fit, but have come up short.

As far as booster seats I wanted to know if there are certain brands that you would recommend?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hi there!

By the time they are ready for boosters (5-7 years old adjusted) you will have a very different selection available. I wouldn't worry about that for now unless you sometimes transport other older kids?

Quadruplets are likely to be born small. This is a good resource to start with, in case they come home fairly quickly: https://carseatblog.com/9813/recomm...ies-multiples-carseatblogs-list-of-best-bets/

It's a little while since it's been updated but it's still pretty accurate. Of note, the Evenflo SafeMax and LiteMax, which fit very small, just got retroactively approved down to 3 lbs. So, those are also good to consider.

Even with a lot of large gear, you could likely fit 4 in a smaller vehicle if you preferred.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC