Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

nuna pipa latch movement?

I have the nuna pipa installed in my 2018 Toyota Camry. There seems to be a fair amount of movement in the rigid latch system. I can connect it fine to the latch, but because the pins pivot on the car seat it means the seat can move forward and backward a few inches each way (toward the front of the car, and toward the rear of the car). Is this a problem? Am I doing something wrong? It seems like the latch on the car seat itself should lock into place, but it doesn't seem to. Can anyone help me?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: nuna pipa latch movement?

Hi there.

How are you checking for movement of the seat? Are you lifting the base by the load leg and it's rotating up toward the roof and toward the headrest of the backseat?

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785