Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Fixed non removable headrests...the death of me!

has anyone found a car seat or high back booster seat for a 2019 ford expedition? The head rests do NOT come out and cannot be moved up or down. They are fixed in a way that our Chicco high back booster with harness does not fit flush with the seat the headrest pushed the seat forward making the bottom angled on the seat bottom. The Britax Advocate (regular and clicktight) both do not even come close to fitting since it pushes the whole car seat practically off the seat bottom. How can a car company that makes vehicles make something for families and not have a conducive third row for child seats. We have tried 7 different car seats and nothing is working. Now we have this brand new car and cant even travel with our family in it at all unless we break up the number of people going somewhere. This cant be right. I have called Britax and this is not safe for their recommendations. I have called Chicco and absolutely not this car seat cannot be installed like that. I am at my wits end. Has anyone experienced this?? Please help!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPS Technician

Re: Fixed non removable headrests...the death of me!

How old and heavy is the child? The easiest way to deal with the problem is to use a backless booster, but that is not an appropriate choice for younger kids. A seat like the Britax Frontier, where the head rest of the child seat is set a little forward of the back surface of the seat, might work. I haven’t worked in a 2019 Expedition so I can’t say for sure.
    Cutie #1 (13 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (10 years) riding in a Safety 1st Incognito

Cutie #3 (7 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (6 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (3 years) riding in a Nuna Rava

CPS Technician

Re: Fixed non removable headrests...the death of me!

All of the 2nd row head restraints are removable as is the center one in the 3rd row. I still haven’t been able to get the 3rd row outboard ones off but I still need to fiddle with them a bit more.

The Frontier doesn’t work in the 3rd row outboard seats because of the vehicle head restraints.

I’m wanting to try the Wayb Pico in the 3rd row outboard but haven’t had a chance to get my hands on one yet. Since it sits so low, I have a feeling it should work well in those spots.
    DS1 (April '09) Britax Parkway SGL & Clek Olli, DD (March '12) Britax Frontier 90 & Evenflo Maestro, DS2 (April '15) RF Nuna Rava & RF Clek Foonf
    2011 Honda Pilot
    2009 Honda Ridgeline