Fixed non removable headrests...the death of me!

U

Unregistered

has anyone found a car seat or high back booster seat for a 2019 ford expedition? The head rests do NOT come out and cannot be moved up or down. They are fixed in a way that our Chicco high back booster with harness does not fit flush with the seat the headrest pushed the seat forward making the bottom angled on the seat bottom. The Britax Advocate (regular and clicktight) both do not even come close to fitting since it pushes the whole car seat practically off the seat bottom. How can a car company that makes vehicles make something for families and not have a conducive third row for child seats. We have tried 7 different car seats and nothing is working. Now we have this brand new car and cant even travel with our family in it at all unless we break up the number of people going somewhere. This cant be right. I have called Britax and this is not safe for their recommendations. I have called Chicco and absolutely not this car seat cannot be installed like that. I am at my wits end. Has anyone experienced this?? Please help!

ADS

jjordan

How old and heavy is the child? The easiest way to deal with the problem is to use a backless booster, but that is not an appropriate choice for younger kids. A seat like the Britax Frontier, where the head rest of the child seat is set a little forward of the back surface of the seat, might work. I haven’t worked in a 2019 Expedition so I can’t say for sure.

aporthole

All of the 2nd row head restraints are removable as is the center one in the 3rd row. I still haven’t been able to get the 3rd row outboard ones off but I still need to fiddle with them a bit more.

The Frontier doesn’t work in the 3rd row outboard seats because of the vehicle head restraints.

I’m wanting to try the Wayb Pico in the 3rd row outboard but haven’t had a chance to get my hands on one yet. Since it sits so low, I have a feeling it should work well in those spots.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC