Advice for multiple car seats for Honda CRV (already own one Radian RXT)

sesame123

Hello all!

Would appreciate some advice regarding a current Honda CRV owner (2016). We currently have a single Radian RXT set up front facing for our 3 year old daughter, but have another daughter coming in October. We're thinking about what to do for a second car seat. In out situation, would you recommend getting a second Radian RXT and having it set up rear facing and if so would that configuration fit? Everything I could find shows it can fit 3x RXT's front facing but unsure if having a rear facing changes anything in our arrangement. We also use an Uppababy Vista stroller, and were contemplating if an infant car seat would be better to more easily transfer our baby, but there's limited compatibility with our stroller (I believe Maxi Cosi and some others may work). For those in a similar situation, what would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

Congratulations on your new addition coming up! So when the new baby arrives, there will be 2 seats in the CRV? Did you use the Radian from birth with your older child? I would not buy another Radian, as it won't last your older child super long FF. It would make more sense to hand it down to the baby and get a combination seat. That being said, the Radian doesn't usually fit newborns appropriately, so you may want to come home from the hospital in something else. If you like using a convertible from birth with the bassinet on the stroller, or if you want to try a rear-facing only seat, we can help with specifics!

Edit: I see the Chicco Keyfit is compatible with adapters. That is a great seat that is relatively affordable, easy to use, and a great fit for newborns!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I agree, another Radian may be an option if nothing else works for 3-across. Otherwise, there are many models which are likely to be better values and easier to install/use for your older child. I also think the Keyfit is a good one to try. Obviously get a good return policy with whatever model you buy. Congrats!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC