Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Travelling: In what rental car size can I fit two Chicco Key Fit 30

Hi, my wife and I are travelling in a few weeks and need to find a rental car that will fit our twins and their Chicco Key Fit 30 car seats. They are rear facing car seats. My concern is having enough room between the driver and passenger seats and the back seat. Will my car seats fit in a "mid-size" car - Hyundai Elantra or similar." We drive an Outback and then a Sienna, so we haven't had to fit car seats into a sedan yet. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor murphydog77's Avatar

Re: Travelling: In what rental car size can I fit two Chicco Key Fit 30

Hi. I would think you could fit them both into an Elantra unless you're both very tall. I usually drive that size when I travel and I find it to be roomy enough. The places I rent from, though, call it an Intermediate size, so you may need to go up a size to a Standard or Full Size car, which would be a Jetta/Camry or Fusion.