Question Expecting triplets...need a minivan

U

Unregistered

Hi all,
We have a two yr old rf in a britax marathon clicktight and are expecting triplets this winter. We have my sons maxi cosi mico 30 that we can use, but will need 2 more infant seats, and a minivan to go with it.

What do you suggest, both for the car seats and the van? We could turn our 2yr old ff as he is big enough, but I'd like to keep him rf if possible.

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

Since you will have lots of forward facers in a few years, I would make sure you have at least 4 good top tether positions. We usually steer people away from Caravan/Town and Country because the third row is really difficult for many kinds of seats. I also value removable head restraints. It makes compatibility much easier.

As for seats for the triplets, this is a good place to start: https://carseatblog.com/9813/recomm...ies-multiples-carseatblogs-list-of-best-bets/

It was last updated 2 years ago, but should still be pretty accurate.

lgenne

What kind of budget are you thinking for the minivan? Unless you really need 4 wheel drive or something, I’d suggest a 2011 or later Honda Odyssey. It has 6 tether anchors (except for the lowest trim model, which only has 5 rear seats) so when you get to that forward facing stage, you can put kids wherever it’s most convenient, rather than having to work with the exact locations of the exactly 4 tether anchors you’re likely to end up with in just about any other minivan. And for the booster stage, if you want to latch boosters in so they aren’t a projectile risk for other people in the car if they aren’t buckled in, there are 4 spots that are really usable that way, and a 5th that’s technically usable with the right booster.

jjordan

Yes, if budget is not really a big issue then the 2011 or newer Odyssey is your best bet. If that is more than you wanted to spend, an 8-passenger Sedona is do-able for much less, but you will be sacrificing a bit on car seat-friendliness.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC