Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Diono Radian R120 cannot be removed from car and non responsive customer support?

Hi all, I have a ~4 year old Diono Radian R120 in the backseat of my car and one of the latches is stuck and I can't remove the car seat. The latch doesn't disengage from the anchor when I press the release button -- the button depresses but no release click or anything... i've tried pushing it as hard as I can, sitting on the car seat while pushing the button..

I've contacted Diono customer support multiple times over the past week but they are completely unresponsive. Have called in (always get the no agents available message) and left messages. Have submitted two separate online tickets. Have not had a single response back from the company.

1) Does anyone have any suggestions for how to remove the carseat on my own?
    2) Is my customer support experience a common issue with this manufacturer? How were others able to get their issues addressed?
    3) Any other suggestions??

Would appreciate any help/advice that can be offered. Thank you!!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Diono Radian R120 cannot be removed from car and non responsive customer support?

Hi there.

I'd probably think about cutting the lower anchor strap, and expect to use the seatbelt to install. Especially if your child is over 40 pounds forward facing, or 35 pounds rear, as those are the lower anchor weight limits anyway. Luckily, the seat has two viable installation methods.

It's quite common, for some reason, for their customer service to be difficult. I have no idea why. Facebook seems to be their best bet. I'd try there. I'd try there BEFORE cutting the lower anchor strap!

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Re: Diono Radian R120 cannot be removed from car and non responsive customer support?

Quote Originally Posted by wendytthomas View Post
    Hi there.

I'd probably think about cutting the lower anchor strap, and expect to use the seatbelt to install. Especially if your child is over 40 pounds forward facing, or 35 pounds rear, as those are the lower anchor weight limits anyway. Luckily, the seat has two viable installation methods.

It's quite common, for some reason, for their customer service to be difficult. I have no idea why. Facebook seems to be their best bet. I'd try there. I'd try there BEFORE cutting the lower anchor strap!

Wendy
    Thank for the reply. Even if I cut the lower anchor strap, the actual latch will still be stuck to the car... any ideas on how to get that off?

I just tried reaching out on FB... my post needs to be reviewed, so hopefully they see that can reach out. I can't believe support is so terrible... I would absolutely not recommend this manufacturer to anyone.

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Sometimes using a handle of a small wrench or other metal object to press can help release them.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Admin - CPST Instructor murphydog77's Avatar

It sounds counter-intuitive, but have you tried pushing them harder *on* to the lower anchor first before trying to get them off? Sometimes the pawls (the metal latches inside the connectors that wrap around the lower anchor) get stuck on Diono seats, usually in the open position, and we can reset them by pushing a pen or screwdriver into them.