Diono Radian R120 cannot be removed from car and non responsive customer support?

ramenmonkey

Hi all, I have a ~4 year old Diono Radian R120 in the backseat of my car and one of the latches is stuck and I can't remove the car seat. The latch doesn't disengage from the anchor when I press the release button -- the button depresses but no release click or anything... i've tried pushing it as hard as I can, sitting on the car seat while pushing the button..

I've contacted Diono customer support multiple times over the past week but they are completely unresponsive. Have called in (always get the no agents available message) and left messages. Have submitted two separate online tickets. Have not had a single response back from the company.

1) Does anyone have any suggestions for how to remove the carseat on my own?
2) Is my customer support experience a common issue with this manufacturer? How were others able to get their issues addressed?
3) Any other suggestions??

Would appreciate any help/advice that can be offered. Thank you!!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi there.

I'd probably think about cutting the lower anchor strap, and expect to use the seatbelt to install. Especially if your child is over 40 pounds forward facing, or 35 pounds rear, as those are the lower anchor weight limits anyway. Luckily, the seat has two viable installation methods.

It's quite common, for some reason, for their customer service to be difficult. I have no idea why. Facebook seems to be their best bet. I'd try there. I'd try there BEFORE cutting the lower anchor strap!

Wendy

ramenmonkey

Hi there.

I'd probably think about cutting the lower anchor strap, and expect to use the seatbelt to install. Especially if your child is over 40 pounds forward facing, or 35 pounds rear, as those are the lower anchor weight limits anyway. Luckily, the seat has two viable installation methods.

It's quite common, for some reason, for their customer service to be difficult. I have no idea why. Facebook seems to be their best bet. I'd try there. I'd try there BEFORE cutting the lower anchor strap!

Wendy

Thank for the reply. Even if I cut the lower anchor strap, the actual latch will still be stuck to the car... any ideas on how to get that off?

I just tried reaching out on FB... my post needs to be reviewed, so hopefully they see that can reach out. I can't believe support is so terrible... I would absolutely not recommend this manufacturer to anyone.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It sounds counter-intuitive, but have you tried pushing them harder *on* to the lower anchor first before trying to get them off? Sometimes the pawls (the metal latches inside the connectors that wrap around the lower anchor) get stuck on Diono seats, usually in the open position, and we can reset them by pushing a pen or screwdriver into them.

U

Unregistered

Did anyone find an answer that worked? Currently have the same issue....

K

Kevin

This happened to me. Vigorously wiggling the connector for 20 seconds before pushing the button got it unstuck. (Similar to someone else in thread saying to push it toward the latch).

T

Tisha

I had to beat on the backside for a couple of rounds. It finally let go. I cut off the strap and into the trash it went. This car seat is a seat belt only seat now!

M

Matt

I had this happen to two different car seat latches, one got out with the vigorous 20 second shaking and pushing before pressing the button. The other was more stubborn and required about 4 min of nearly destructive hammer encouragement attempts onto the latch before it would release with a button press.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC