Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Community Member

Minor accident: do I need to replace my clek fllo's?

I was recently rear ended at low speed, no children were in the car, airbags did not deploy, there was minor damage to my rear bumper. I have two clek fllo's that were forward facing in the second row, do I need to replace them? I seem to have misplaced my manuals, I have been using them for 3 years at this point so I rarely need to pull them out anymore. On that note, I was also wondering if I need to switch to a seatbelt install when my twins reach a certain weight. Thank you!

(PS my signature line is about 7 years old at this point, so completely inaccurate)
    Jill- Mom to my 5 crazy kiddos!
    DS1-14yrs, 6'2", 170 lbs, SB/DD-12yrs, 5'5", 115 lbs, SB/DS2-8yrs, 52", 60 lbs, Flames Harmony Literider/
    DS3-6yrs, 46", 52 lbs, Red Vivo/DS4-4yrs, 43", 45 lbs, Cowmooflage Frontier85

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Minor accident: do I need to replace my clek fllo's?

The downloadable manual for the 2016 Fllo says on page 9 to not use with the lower anchors after 40 pounds, and on page 10 to replace after a crash of any kind. The stickers on the side will also tell you the weight limit to switch to the seatbelt, as do all seats made after 2/27/14.

https://clekinc.com/support/fllo/videos-and-manuals/

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785