Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Question Disney cruise - checking carseat at port?

We are brining a convertible carseat as well as booster seat (debating on backless or high back) with us on a disney cruise. With regards to the carseat - has anyone checked it on the disney cruise at port (upon boarding but before stateroom is ready)? Were there issues? Seems a lot of ppl warn against it but I also have seen pics of carseats on top of the "pile of luggage" so someone must be checking them. Curious if it was really as dangerous and bad as everyone warning? (we will be bringing our inexpensive, spare carseats...not our main carseat...so other than driving to Space center and then back to MCO the day after cruise, we won't use the carseat much)

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor murphydog77's Avatar

Re: Disney cruise - checking carseat at port?

Hi there! What's the concern with checking the carseats? We've been on 3 Disney cruises (without carseats though) and I've always fretted about the luggage, but it always magically (Ha! See what I did there? We were on the Magic twice .) appears where it's supposed to appear.

What are the ages and weights of your kids? You may want to consider more travel-friendly seats. For instance, the BubbleBum booster can easily fit into a kid's backpack or larger "mom" bag. If your younger child is close to booster age, I might consider a Ride Safer Travel Vest, especially if you can sit next to them in the vehicle. That way you can keep your restraints with you, then toss them under the bed in the state room without taking up any closet space.

My issue would be that the luggage is NOT treated kindly.

35d3lon.jpg
    Homeschooling mama to safely transported kids-
    DD1- 11/2001 - 61.5", Seat Belt (5-steps)
    DD2- 11/2004 - 62.5", Seat Belt (5-steps)

Admin - CPST Instructor murphydog77's Avatar

Ah. I figure most luggage isn't treated kindly.